sábado, 22 de noviembre de 2014



Thanksgiving is coming!


First of all, I would like to explain briefly, Thanksgiving history because, it was a great discover for me, when I learnt in Cultura contemporánea what this day means. I had heard about it before, but I had never thought about why American people gather only one day to thanks about the things they have. Then, I would like to share with me favourite picture  and videoclip about Thanksgiving.


Let’s start with the short report. Each year on the fourth Thursday in November - in Canada, Thanksgiving is celebrated the second Monday of October, because of the weather, the harvest is done earlier than in the USA-, Americans gather for a day of feasting, football and family. While today’s Thanksgiving celebrations would likely be unrecognizable to attendees of the original 1621 harvest meal, it continues to be a day for Americans to come together around the table.

These pictures below are extracted from one of my favourite episodes of Friends, which is called “The one with all the Thanksgivings”. It is one of the show’s most sentimental and loving moments as, everyone is trying to cheer up Ross. Also, it makes me laugh the most because the characters are extremely funny and they sometimes act senseless, but, for sure, this TV series teaches me a lot about real friendship.







On youtube I found some clips of one of the best TV series ever, Friends, which is funny and it shows us the meaning of unconditional friendship.





Enjoy your weekend!


No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario